December 28, 2011

Random: Bible Quotes

Although at the moment I don't practice any faith, I was raised Roman Catholic. Well, at first we "were Episcopalian" for a few years but then [I guess pressure for our grandmother, or something, made] our mother put us in to catholic school. It didn't matter where I went to school since for me, it was nothing more than an excuse to socialize. Anything else was just a waste of time. I wish now though, that I had been more studious, that I enjoyed those kinds of things more. I STILL hate homework and what not. :p...

 As I said, I am not of any [organized] religion. I have instead compilled the different things I learned through life's lessons and soul searching, and I guess I'm what you would consider spiritually aware. I [want] to believe in God. I [try] to. I pray. I read the Bible from time to time, and I make sure to follow the basic "rules" and commandments. To me, they aren't just God's rules for those who believe in him to follow. They seem like obvious things that EVERYONE, regardless of their faith should follow.... anyway. One of the things I do to "stay religious" and faithful is listen to Christian Alt/Rock and read texts/quotes. The lyrics seem to hit a cord, seem to fit into what I'm searching for, and seem to answer my questions at tines....

I have taken some that inspire and remind me to stay strong in the positive things of myself. my inability to lie, cheat, steal, and cause others pain, and will post them as I find/remember them. Whether or not you are religious, I hope you get something from them as I did.
 <3 Andi

 1 Corinthians 13:13 
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. 
But the greatest of these is love. 
 Deuteronomy 31:6 
Be strong and courageous. 
Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, 
for the LORD your God goes with you;
 he will never leave you nor forsake you 
Job 27:4 
My lips will not speak wickedness, 
and my tongue will utter no deceit. 
1 Corinthians 13:6 
Love does not delight in evil 
but rejoices with the truth. 
 Proverbs 6:16-20 
There are six things the LORD hates, 
seven that are detestable to him: 
haughty eyes,
a lying tongue, 
hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked schemes, 
feet that are quick to rush into evil, 
a false witness who pours out lies 
and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers. 
1 Peter 1:3 
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! 
In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope 
through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.