March 21, 2012

Dont Hate Me Because...

... Madonna is going through an Age Crisis!

Uh, hello!? How old are we..? too old to be called girl no..?

Madonna,
hate to tell you girlfriend, but you can't really use the word "girl" to describe yourself any more. As a 50 something woman, you should be focusing on your fans that are, like you, women. My friend and I discussed how we are turned off to entertainers who, for some reason or other, can't seem to grow up. They keep themselves boxed in this genre that has worked for them in the past but just ends up looking dumb as they get older. ie: Madge.

There is also the case that some choose to grow up too fast, and that's also a turn off. Why would we want to listen to an 18 yr old sing about "partying" and heart ache? I guess maybe at one point we DID... but when entertainers of our generation seem stuck in adolescence, we prefer to have music that is... up to date... no... what's the word I'm looking for here... stuff that is more... stuff we can relate to. In HS yes we wanted to hear/see Brittney, Mandy or Christina sing about crushes and being in love, in Brit's case- not being a woman or a girl but in between. it made sense. But now.... we are women. But I don't want to have to listen top my parents music to relate!

If Madonna would grow back up and appeal to her older fans maybe I'd be more interested but the fact that she's "raving" kinda just leaves a bad taste in my mouth concerning her... ::shrug:: Whaaatever.

Do what works for you lady, but don't expect me or my women friends to be fans. Just sayin'!

<3 Andi