I've had to be incognito on many sites b/c of [several] stalker issues in the past few years... despite having been secretive about this site it seems one has apparently located this blog- and the other has finally stopped bothering me, so I guess there is no need to hid anymore! It's good for me, but sad really, for them.... :shrug: whatever! I'm in a way glad because it'll be nice not having to pretend I'm someone else on here now. Some names and such have been changed due to the said issues so the people mentioned aren't [potentially] bother by instigators.
I've spent a lot of my life caring what others thought of me. What others said about me. From the beginning I've been put through many negative and challenging situations. Some that I was taken from, others that I am thankful I was able to get out of. So, why should I let these few insecure people make something that I love and am passionate about be another thing to run from? To hid? I WONT! I refuse to let anyone EVER again BULLY me into submission/hiding. I am too strong for that. I have too much to offer,share and give to others, to stifle and silence myself just because other people can't think for themselves, or want to be in my business. Trust me when I say I don't need, nor care, to know about what anyone that isn't important to me is doing. I have people that DO matter and there are too many other things that I'm trying to do with my life than to waste it checking up on people I don't care about/for. [and think about it- there's a REASON I have blocked people I have- because. I. DON'T. CARE.]
Not trying to be mean, just stating the facts and hope people will get the point. <3 If you are being stalked or think you might be, I have some links for information at the end. For a quick "read", the following is from http://www.lilaclane.com/being-stalked/why.html:
Further reading: - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalking - http://www.ncvc.org/src/Main.aspx - http://www.aware.org/stalking/stalkgeninfo.shtml - http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs14-stk.htm - http://investigation.discovery.com/investigation/stalking/stalking-psychology.html
PS: Quick note to stalkers [ALL not just mine]: MOVE ON WITH LIFE! You THINK the world revolves around you, but it DOESN'T! STOP BEING SO NARCISSISTIC and SAD! If someone is not in your life they've CHOSEN NOT TO BE FOR A REASON! Get help, seriously. Good Luck.
<3 Andi
Not trying to be mean, just stating the facts and hope people will get the point. <3 If you are being stalked or think you might be, I have some links for information at the end. For a quick "read", the following is from http://www.lilaclane.com/being-stalked/why.html:
"Some people bolster their self-esteem by dominating, intimidating, possessing, or manipulating partners. Controlling or affecting a partner gives them some feelings of power or uniqueness in a world where they generally feel powerless or unimportant. This kind of person, after becoming an "ex", sometimes becomes a stalker to try to continue fulfilling these inappropriate psychological needs. In cases of revenge stalking, the stalker believes they were "wronged" in some way and they cannot "grow up" and move on with their lives."
It's so hard now & days to do things without feeling like the whole world is watching your every move.... but there ARE many simple things that you can do to avoid stalkers/people from knowing where you are and what you are doing. things that should be obvious but that even took me some thinking and "rearranging":
1) DON'T post where you are going on your social pages. As tempting as it may be to "brag" about events, wait until AFTER to do so.
2) DON'T allow networks to log you into places. I don't understand why people find this "fun"...
3) DO block people you might suspect from social networks that allow you to.
4) DO tell someone close to you so that they are aware of the issue. I've been lucky enough that I have had my mother and best friends present [at different instances] to SHOW them the messages being sent to me.
5) DO be aware when you are out of your surroundings, not all stalkers are violent, but one of the ones I had "threatened" that I wouldn't even know they were watching me, that they'd be so close they could reach out and touch me and i wouldn't know it was them.... scary... which takes me to
6) DO tell FAMILY/CLOSE friends where you are going if you go out alone. If anything it eases their trepidation and worries.
7) DON'T let little things keep you from doing YOU! If there isn't any physical threats and just people following what you do online and then talking "smack" just ignore it. It's not worth your time to let these kind of people get to you.
It took me a long time to get over the person who was saying I wouldn't know they were watching me, some times it still scares me- but with the things [list up there] that I have done I feel less afraid. I take care not to be out in the dark alone and I don't let it stop me from enjoying my life and moving on with what I want to do. Further reading: - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalking - http://www.ncvc.org/src/Main.aspx - http://www.aware.org/stalking/stalkgeninfo.shtml - http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs14-stk.htm - http://investigation.discovery.com/investigation/stalking/stalking-psychology.html
PS: Quick note to stalkers [ALL not just mine]: MOVE ON WITH LIFE! You THINK the world revolves around you, but it DOESN'T! STOP BEING SO NARCISSISTIC and SAD! If someone is not in your life they've CHOSEN NOT TO BE FOR A REASON! Get help, seriously. Good Luck.
<3 Andi