January 28, 2012

Random: Evil Eye


=A nazar (Turkish: nazar boncuğu) is an eye-shaped amulet believed to protect against the evil eye. The word "nazar" is derived from the Arabic نظر, "sight" or "seeing". In Central Asia, during the ages of Tengrism, the crystal blue eye has always been the most popular.

So, why is this important?
Mostly because my good friend gave it to me. She is so sweet ^.^ Even though she is having troubles of her own, she said she knows I am going through a lot a.t.m and she wanted to give me something [pretty] to help ward off any negativity life/people might throw my way-- well that and I saw hers & said it was so pretty "I always meant to buy one". Still, she's sweet and that's what she said- "pffft" :p I attached it with my purse so it's always with me. Now I'm looking for the "perfect" cross to add [seeing as how I'm more Catholic/Christian than any other religion] and I like having God's reminder "physically" near. 

I'm strange, what can I say ;p We all have our quirks and well... [having] protection from evil is one of mine. 

~QOR