The funny thing is I was just talking about Madonna in a previous post, and now she is involved with the whole scandal involving the video!! She should have also gone on about how the video is basically an orgy. [I had no idea about the other stuff that was going on in the video- just the party scene] I know it doesn't have anything to do with me but because I was involved with it, it kind of does..? I think it's all a little ridiculous that people are freaking out about it but I can understand why.
The Negative Connotation: Drugs & Sex [are fun] + Molly + Madanna asking ravers- "Have you seen Molly"=
FREAK OUT!
For those who don't know anything about drugs [which isn't a bad thing] Molly is code name for ecstasy. People like to use it because everything seems brighter and "crazier/better". They get a euphoric feeling and have lots of energy. Go figure, it's an amphetamine [like meth]. Unless you're just... not paying attention, for lack of a nicer way to put it, you should be able to figure that out just by listening to the lyrics. "She makes me want to dance. She makes me feel good." People who want it, walk around asking random people " Have you seen Molly", meaning "Do you know where I can get ecstasy". The first time someone asked me that, and I asked "Who." I got laughed at. *Shrug* Now I don't go to many events where that's asked- kinda nice actually.
The fact that the video looks like a porn, what do you expect from men, doesn't help give
it a chance to be... positive. I read on a blog that there was no nudity... they must not have been watching very well because there is a lot of it, there's also several lesbian scenes, like GGW ones, plenty of boobs, etc. That's why it's "Rated" NSFW. Kinda makes me wonder what people tell their parents.... partners, kids, friends?
Girl: "Mom, I'm in a music video making out with a girl and then taking shots out of her bra- and almost the whole worlds is going to see it!" Mom: "..." I honestly don't know what I would say if my kid told me that.... and then I saw this video and them writhing in it. I wouldn't exactly say I would be... proud... if I had known what this video was going to look like, would I have been a part of it...? Yea.. I'd still have been a part of it if I knew it was going to be as risque as it is. I'm not involvde in any of the "embarrassing" scenes so I have nothing to worry about and I was asked to be a part of it. It really was an honor to be asked because the producers asked so many other people and to have been one of the people they wanted to be a part of it---well, who wouldn't be flattered?
[PS- This has NOTHING to do with being what people like to call- "a hater". That term is being thrown around too often. This isn't just my opinion. I had many friends say similar things, and have read many reviews.]
I guess some people would be proud- ones who's lives are modeling and acting etc, ones who don't have ["real"] jobs, ones who's family members could get in trouble for the raunchy portrayal of themselves.. and have more than enough self-esteem enough to be ok with people seeing them do certain things.. I guess that's why some people can model/ be nudists, etc and others can't. I'm not big on PDA anyway so all the extra stuff is a bit TMI for me :/ Am I being *prude*? Like really, not just to disagree with me...
Where is the positive side of this whole drug-otic, orgy-esque video/song?
Well, if you don't know what drugs are, and you haven't seen the video- to you the song is about trying to find your friend/dream girl whichever, Molly. She's a fun girl. She likes to dance and makes you want to too. I have friends like Molly. Outgoing, energetic, naturally a fun person to be around. She's the unattainable girl you see at [the club]. The one you'd buy a drink for if you could find her. Other than that... and the fun music, not much else can be said on that note...
Like everything else in this world. This video and it's meaning should be takenwith with out depth. Music [lyrics] will be interpreted differently by each person, the video is raunchy- but what doesn't involve sex, drugs or violence these days, and it's part of selling yourself. Bright lights and colors, parting & fun. Playful, pretty girls and boobs. That's what brings the money and fame. I know that, everyone should. If you don't well.. now you do.... some people choose to follow what sells, others take a path less trodden but that rarely happens because it's too scary... So again... take this and any other video/edm [especially] song without much meaning. It's all... an expression.
I'm not trying to diss anyone in this post. I'm just stating the obvious and [as is my right] my opinion. I hope no one takes anything personal as I truly enjoyed the experience and am still proud to be associated with this. No regrets.
As everyone should be, I am educated. I am not an experienced user. My knowledge is based on research and what I've learned along the way. For more information- Google it.*
FREAK OUT!
For those who don't know anything about drugs [which isn't a bad thing] Molly is code name for ecstasy. People like to use it because everything seems brighter and "crazier/better". They get a euphoric feeling and have lots of energy. Go figure, it's an amphetamine [like meth]. Unless you're just... not paying attention, for lack of a nicer way to put it, you should be able to figure that out just by listening to the lyrics. "She makes me want to dance. She makes me feel good." People who want it, walk around asking random people " Have you seen Molly", meaning "Do you know where I can get ecstasy". The first time someone asked me that, and I asked "Who." I got laughed at. *Shrug* Now I don't go to many events where that's asked- kinda nice actually.
The fact that the video looks like a porn, what do you expect from men, doesn't help give
Girl: "Mom, I'm in a music video making out with a girl and then taking shots out of her bra- and almost the whole worlds is going to see it!" Mom: "..." I honestly don't know what I would say if my kid told me that.... and then I saw this video and them writhing in it. I wouldn't exactly say I would be... proud... if I had known what this video was going to look like, would I have been a part of it...? Yea.. I'd still have been a part of it if I knew it was going to be as risque as it is. I'm not involvde in any of the "embarrassing" scenes so I have nothing to worry about and I was asked to be a part of it. It really was an honor to be asked because the producers asked so many other people and to have been one of the people they wanted to be a part of it---well, who wouldn't be flattered?
[PS- This has NOTHING to do with being what people like to call- "a hater". That term is being thrown around too often. This isn't just my opinion. I had many friends say similar things, and have read many reviews.]
I guess some people would be proud- ones who's lives are modeling and acting etc, ones who don't have ["real"] jobs, ones who's family members could get in trouble for the raunchy portrayal of themselves.. and have more than enough self-esteem enough to be ok with people seeing them do certain things.. I guess that's why some people can model/ be nudists, etc and others can't. I'm not big on PDA anyway so all the extra stuff is a bit TMI for me :/ Am I being *prude*? Like really, not just to disagree with me...
Where is the positive side of this whole drug-otic, orgy-esque video/song?
Well, if you don't know what drugs are, and you haven't seen the video- to you the song is about trying to find your friend/dream girl whichever, Molly. She's a fun girl. She likes to dance and makes you want to too. I have friends like Molly. Outgoing, energetic, naturally a fun person to be around. She's the unattainable girl you see at [the club]. The one you'd buy a drink for if you could find her. Other than that... and the fun music, not much else can be said on that note...
Like everything else in this world. This video and it's meaning should be taken
And now- what you have been waiting for... enjoy local Virginia/DC hotties & guest appearance by a local band member. Just don't say you weren't warned.