November 28, 2012

Coming Up: Charity Event!

HEY! Sup? Happy Weds! 

If you listen to anything I say, or pay attention to anything I post (which I know some of you do) then you know about the charity event I have been helping my friend DJ Adamo, MD Graffiti Warehouse, and many, MANY other local DJs with, finally, here is the info!


DJ Adamo, typically known as David Adamo, takes much of his free time to volunteer at MD Salem Children's Trust, providing music, fun and guidance to the Christian organization's children.  [MDSCT] provides a home, therapy, and educational services to children (6-18) who have been abused, neglected, have educational or behavior needs and require residential/day school placement. 

David approached me a couple months ago to help him with this project for a charity event, and of course I jumped at the offer eagerly. Due to our own [early] life struggles, we have a little more understanding to the hardships and feelings these kids are dealing with and want to give back to them what they need... love, attention and friendship. Though I've yet to have a minute to go there myself, I look forward to this event so that I can show them my support in some way for the time being. 

What IS this event I'm speaking of?
THIS
You may, rightfully, be asking yourself- HOW is this helpful? 
Simple. All the proceeds from ticket sales will be gifted to MDSCT. The DJs are all playing free as well so that more can be given. We are also asking that people donate used (but in good condition) clothe/jackets/toys too.

There will be two floors of amazing music, fun times AND there is a competition as well!! 
Whoever is first to name all of the songs (or whoever accumulates the most) on Adamo's newest mix will win admission for two people! How rad is that! [Yes I just used the word Rad] :p

So let's get to giving, spreading the love and joy of the season to the children who might not otherwise have a reason to celebrate!

~Andi Rose