Resolution 1: Let go & move on [HENCE the intro song by Blackmill] Forgive & Forget. Life's too short to focus on what other people think! It's YOUR life. Do what makes YOU happy and what's right for you. I spent too much [wasted] time the last few years worrying about how other people perceived me. Worrying about if I was one of the "crowd" when I went somewhere, if I was dressed "right" and if anyone would hit on me. [Don't act like I'm the only one here, you KNOW you've worried too] ;)
As the years progressed, I found myself straying farther and farther away from giving a sh!t. Rather than worry what someone here/there said about how I dressed or what I said, I began to do more of the "dust that shirt off your shoulder" move. I stopped caring. It took a while, but I'm finally able to see, it's all trivial compared to the other things in my life that I actually give a damn about. It's silly to waste the time worrying rather than enjoying whatever it is I'm doing. There's so much awesome stuff going on around me and I've learned to focus more on those things.
Not caring has made life a little harder in some aspects- like the comments. It's funny! Someone made a comment once about a video shoot picture of MY FRIEND [thinking it was me] and said negative stuff about the makeup and clothe- I was like "Honey- 1st off, get your sh!t straight, that aint me you're dissing. It is my bff though so correct your attitude. 2nd, she had her makeup done by a MUA and was styled BY the video STYLIST so if you have an issue with her look, I can get their info so you can take it up with them." It was just shocking! I never realized people [might] care about what I wear, but why should they?! it's MY style. I tend to dress "off trend" and I know some people don't "get it" but that's fine, what's there to get? My style is mine and I set my own damn trends. My socks rarely match but my makeup and clothe usually do. Idiosyncrasies make us unique and I've accepted mine- what do I care if you don't like them. The people that accept me and lift me up are the only ones who matter.
Some people will think I'm a b!tch, but whatever! They aren't important. Why should I focus on their negativity? If they're getting butt hurt because I ignored an unnecessary, rude comment, MAYBE they shouldn't be making rude comments- about ANYONE- in the first place!! If people everywhere stopped giving a sh!t about other peoples' lives and junk, maybe the world would be happier. We would all be focused on ourselves being happy! Just a thought... but yea, say what you want. Call me a b!tch, whor*, sk@nk, sl**t, ugly, fat, stupid- call me whatever makes you happy & feel better. Unless it's something positive, useful, insightful or asked for; it wont even hit my ["how much do I give a sh!t"] radar. So fly away, move along and buh-bye negativity! :)
Resolution 2: Continue to be healthy! I eat junk food. Who doesn't!? But I don't eat it excessively! I grab a bag of chips and an energy drink here and there but for the most part, I'm a veggie girl. I HAVE strayed the last month but mostly in part thanks to my carnivorous family, who on every special meal occasion would eat chicken or beef of some sort... It's as if all semblances of my day to day life disappears out the window as soon as I step over the threshold of my parents house! "Oh you haven't eaten a burger in 4 months? Oh well, here! Eat some roast!"I stopped trying to be a vegetarian around my parents years ago :p They like their meat too much and still like to "yell at me" about how eating meat is healthy. UGH! Something Dr. Oz said got me thinking about a good substitute for meat. He said eating protein w/in an hr of waking up every morning would help with weight loss and that eggs are the best source of protein!! I would still have to eat an animal product but I [a.t.m] can deal with eggs so it's going to be something I look further into! in the mean time, I'm going back to veggies and stuff!! NO CHICKENS/COWS PLEASE! >.<
Not caring has made life a little harder in some aspects- like the comments. It's funny! Someone made a comment once about a video shoot picture of MY FRIEND [thinking it was me] and said negative stuff about the makeup and clothe- I was like "Honey- 1st off, get your sh!t straight, that aint me you're dissing. It is my bff though so correct your attitude. 2nd, she had her makeup done by a MUA and was styled BY the video STYLIST so if you have an issue with her look, I can get their info so you can take it up with them." It was just shocking! I never realized people [might] care about what I wear, but why should they?! it's MY style. I tend to dress "off trend" and I know some people don't "get it" but that's fine, what's there to get? My style is mine and I set my own damn trends. My socks rarely match but my makeup and clothe usually do. Idiosyncrasies make us unique and I've accepted mine- what do I care if you don't like them. The people that accept me and lift me up are the only ones who matter.
Some people will think I'm a b!tch, but whatever! They aren't important. Why should I focus on their negativity? If they're getting butt hurt because I ignored an unnecessary, rude comment, MAYBE they shouldn't be making rude comments- about ANYONE- in the first place!! If people everywhere stopped giving a sh!t about other peoples' lives and junk, maybe the world would be happier. We would all be focused on ourselves being happy! Just a thought... but yea, say what you want. Call me a b!tch, whor*, sk@nk, sl**t, ugly, fat, stupid- call me whatever makes you happy & feel better. Unless it's something positive, useful, insightful or asked for; it wont even hit my ["how much do I give a sh!t"] radar. So fly away, move along and buh-bye negativity! :)
Resolution 2: Continue to be healthy! I eat junk food. Who doesn't!? But I don't eat it excessively! I grab a bag of chips and an energy drink here and there but for the most part, I'm a veggie girl. I HAVE strayed the last month but mostly in part thanks to my carnivorous family, who on every special meal occasion would eat chicken or beef of some sort... It's as if all semblances of my day to day life disappears out the window as soon as I step over the threshold of my parents house! "Oh you haven't eaten a burger in 4 months? Oh well, here! Eat some roast!"I stopped trying to be a vegetarian around my parents years ago :p They like their meat too much and still like to "yell at me" about how eating meat is healthy. UGH! Something Dr. Oz said got me thinking about a good substitute for meat. He said eating protein w/in an hr of waking up every morning would help with weight loss and that eggs are the best source of protein!! I would still have to eat an animal product but I [a.t.m] can deal with eggs so it's going to be something I look further into! in the mean time, I'm going back to veggies and stuff!! NO CHICKENS/COWS PLEASE! >.<
I'm typically pretty healthy when it comes to eating, but I honestly am not a good exerciser. I can't afford the gym and though I have an exercise ball & yoga mat, I rarely use either. According to Dr.Oz [again] I been slacking off for no good reason! All I need is a half hr of heart pumping exercise, five days a week and I could be as healthy as someone who goes to the gym! Say WHAT?! This is something I'm definitely going to start implementing!! I'm also going to start either the Insanity work out or some other dance one I found. I just need to maintain, this is the year to stop any further damage to my decaying body!
Resolution 3: Be more sincere. What do I mean by that? Well, I stated it wrong but what I mean is to be more proactive. For example like Cher, the blonde one not the singer, in Clueless says she needs to "makeover her soul" and that's pretty much what I mean. She didn't just think about helping the "Pismal Beach Disaster victims", she helped run the event!! That's why the event with I.C. was such a big deal for me. I've been wanting to get more involved in the community and do more for others. That's WHY I do what I do. To spread the word, and get as many people involved as well!
One of my problems is that, I make a lot of plans but sometimes I make so many I wear myself out, or double book so I have to not do something. I hate that! I hate backing out of plans! Excuses or not! I like to do what I say I'm going to! Some of my friends are more understanding than others of this about me, as they themselves are over busy, but even with them I hate to say I'll meet them but then we don't (with these few, it's something we BOTH need to work on)
Luckily, I've already had a chance to redeem myself! I actually started working on this right before the holiday, I signed up to volunteer with a group of kids once a week for several months as an art director! We will meet together to do fun, educational art projects and I can't wait!! I'm so excited to be able to talk more one on one with the kids and to show them a different side of their teacher! [They think my whole life is books! Some of the little ones even think we live here!- so cute!] It's always nice to be able to talk to the kids [about something other than books] because they are so freakishly smart and their insight on the world is mesmerizing! Oh to have their naiveitivity and exuberance for life again and to see the world with masked, untainted eyes! Sigh. Oh to being old!! ;)
I wonder what some of your resolutions where. new ones? Ones you've tried to do before? Make this year the one to over come those things that held you back last year! Good luck with your resolutions and if you need any help/more info for anything to help you along with them, you know where to find me!
<3 Andi
One of my problems is that, I make a lot of plans but sometimes I make so many I wear myself out, or double book so I have to not do something. I hate that! I hate backing out of plans! Excuses or not! I like to do what I say I'm going to! Some of my friends are more understanding than others of this about me, as they themselves are over busy, but even with them I hate to say I'll meet them but then we don't (with these few, it's something we BOTH need to work on)
Luckily, I've already had a chance to redeem myself! I actually started working on this right before the holiday, I signed up to volunteer with a group of kids once a week for several months as an art director! We will meet together to do fun, educational art projects and I can't wait!! I'm so excited to be able to talk more one on one with the kids and to show them a different side of their teacher! [They think my whole life is books! Some of the little ones even think we live here!- so cute!] It's always nice to be able to talk to the kids [about something other than books] because they are so freakishly smart and their insight on the world is mesmerizing! Oh to have their naiveitivity and exuberance for life again and to see the world with masked, untainted eyes! Sigh. Oh to being old!! ;)
I wonder what some of your resolutions where. new ones? Ones you've tried to do before? Make this year the one to over come those things that held you back last year! Good luck with your resolutions and if you need any help/more info for anything to help you along with them, you know where to find me!
<3 Andi