After about 2 months of planing, worry and last minute "dramas", “I.C. Holiday Insanity” was a great success ! We had MANY donations- two boxes full at the event- and despite some set back [with the sound] we launched the first official Inner Cause [that's the I.C.] event! With the help of 22 kick ass DJ's, and all the amazing attendees, we livened the warehouse with the spirit of giving! We are working to get the check to the kids for our [delayed] holiday shopping extravaganza! With the amount of $$ we made, we are going to be able to take each kid on an individual gift hunt! With the proceeds, they will be able to purchase something they really wanted for the holiday and maybe didn't receive! It's going to be so awesome to see them [for once] have something they really want and get spoiled in a way they are not accustomed to.
The music from the event is [podcast] on the top of the page, it WAS aired live without the ability to change the volume or other levels so it is a little bass heavy, but aside from that the sound is clear and you can hear the amazing job the DJs did! We are working on getting a less bass heavy version up- just bare with us in the mean time. :)
Along with the awesome success of "I.C"'s first event, Kiks and I decided on the whim to go to GWAR at the 9:30 Club that Thursday. It. Was. AMAZING FUN! I think the best part of the night was when I looked over and Kiks was jumping up and down yelling like a crazy person! I [as I've said] have been to many concerts so seeing someone get into it, be one with the crowd and just wil' out for real, is gratifying. I know how she was feeling then, and it's awesome to share that "liberty" and fun with friends. While we were jamming out to the garbled, loud, ferocious music, I literally ran into a face. It was Jay, the guy we met Mike's, friend. Mike was the one who had handed out faces on sticks of his missing Gwar [group] comrades! Great idea and TOO FUNNY! If you see the face of Jay's floating around, yup- that's me. Holding him up so he didn't miss a thing ;)
Christmas flew by pretty uneventfully. The gift that was popular this year among family & friends was the Kindle (3) Apple [0] According to a survey of 3,000 people [source Digital Spy) 24% of the 2012 Christmas shoppers were looking to buy the Kindle Fire. Only 16% were going for the I-pad (3rd gen.) and the Galaxy came in third with a measly 11%! I have the Fire and LOVE it. Kiks received it as a gift this year and loves it as well. Most the people I know, actually have the Kindle instead of the Pad. We have the pads at work, and they are nice but as far as I can tell, there's nothing special about them that sets them apart- aside from being "an Apple".
Though the I-pads were innovative, they have been out and worked on for the last few years so the specs for tabs are all pretty much the same. [I don't have a camera on mine :( ] but they have a cam, are rotatable, touch screen, and app friendly. The ONE thing I love about the Fire is I can get non-kindle apps. I don't know about the Galaxy or Apple.. We [the bf and I] had apps for alarm clocks, sleep music, and like all the Angry birds. I would get mad at the birds so i don't play it, and I don't need the night music so now I just have Netflix, a few books & a couple games. Regardless of who you are and which you have, they are definitely endlessly entertaining.
New Year, New Life.... Kinda. I didn't spend New Years Eve making out with someone, nor did I hate the New Year from being wasted outta my mind the night of, which is fine, I prefer to be cognitive rather than one of the drunk idiots. After spending pretty much the whole afternoon lounging around with Kiks, we decided to have some fun at the same time as Ellie. We all met up at a bar down the street to toast this grandiose occasion. It's not the hot spot for meeting cute, available singles, but it is the local watering hole, so we went to support the neighborhood. We watched our [older] neighbors get down and "funky" as we dignifiedly threw back our buttery nipple and sour apple shots. Then as we were just getting into a conversation about something, we were interrupted by a very "happy" guy who's pick up line (to whom I don't know- I was ignoring him) was to ask if we were sisters. They appeased him for a minute but I was not in the mood to talk to an inebriated guy who was all in my bubble! I hate that! Plus he was breathing on me and that was just irritating... so he deserved the glares he got!
FINALLY our cold shoulders were enough so he left us alone to continue discussing the deep conversation I can't even remember...We toasted in 2013 uneventfully and I honestly would not have had it any other way- well lie. I WOULD have loved to have had a few of my other girlfriends and male friends along with us, but I was blessed to have those two with me! They seriously are two of the dopest ladies in the area! I was so happy being able to ring in a new "life" with two of my biggest inspirations for my resolutions this year. <3
FINALLY our cold shoulders were enough so he left us alone to continue discussing the deep conversation I can't even remember...We toasted in 2013 uneventfully and I honestly would not have had it any other way- well lie. I WOULD have loved to have had a few of my other girlfriends and male friends along with us, but I was blessed to have those two with me! They seriously are two of the dopest ladies in the area! I was so happy being able to ring in a new "life" with two of my biggest inspirations for my resolutions this year. <3
Part of the new year thing for me this year was "starting new". Making a "fresh start" and it was one of the reasons I decided to break thing off with my boyfriend. I was not ready to end the relationship. I give 110% and require the same.... the scales just weren't even any more. He wasn't the man I met 3 years ago... in my heart of hearts I want him to be happy & successful. I deserve to be happy too... but.. :'/
MOVING ON!
To happier topics... since it was a music mix night, on to the MUSIC! Enjoy the sounds and prepare for more coming episodes!! LOTS of new things in store as well as more interviews and fun shows! The rest of the blog will be in "part 2" which will proceed this entry :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
MUSIC
Somebody That I Used To Know: Gotye Featuring Kimbra
Call Me Maybe: Carly Rae Jepsen.
We Are Young: Fun. Ft Janelle Monae
Payphone: Maroon 5
Lights: Ellie Goulding
Glad You Came: The Wanted
Intro Songs
Forgive and Forget: Blackmill
You & I: Zeds Dead & Omar LinX
Run Riot VP: Camo & Krooked
Feed Me: Strange Behaviour Ft Tasha Baxter
Top 6 of 2012
My Top 6 of 2012 Hyx Remix: Time Bass Cannon: Flux Pavilion
** Love Hate Song: Gwar Gor Gor: Gwar
Closing Song
Trap on Acid: RL Grime