NOT sure what was up with all the feedback and I didn't realize the volume was too high! That's the one downfall of Spreaker, you can't hear yourself to adjust the levels as you speak. I've actually taken down the original and am going to clean it up so I don't sound like I'm trying to eat the mic! (I wasn't even THAT close to it! wth!)
During my week long break I learned some new things, got some painting done, heard lots of great new music and did a lot of sleeping. :p Losing your voice is not fun and annoying, especially when people won't stop calling you even though you publicize your inability to speak! >.< I was so frustrated I couldn't talk without sounding like a 90yo smoker let alone do the show! The week before when Gringas Khan was coming in, we had to cancel that due to personal issues on his and his drivers end, and even though I could have done something else, I wasn't prepared to so I just skipped it. Meant to do this mix that weekend but what can I say, I got busy and had other things to take care of first.
Anyway, here's the tracklist for ya [as of now] the rest will be added once I'm able to get the rest of the correct links.
LOTS of new new stuff you may or may not have heard yet. PLUS a special track all the way from Cali!
During my week long break I learned some new things, got some painting done, heard lots of great new music and did a lot of sleeping. :p Losing your voice is not fun and annoying, especially when people won't stop calling you even though you publicize your inability to speak! >.< I was so frustrated I couldn't talk without sounding like a 90yo smoker let alone do the show! The week before when Gringas Khan was coming in, we had to cancel that due to personal issues on his and his drivers end, and even though I could have done something else, I wasn't prepared to so I just skipped it. Meant to do this mix that weekend but what can I say, I got busy and had other things to take care of first.
Anyway, here's the tracklist for ya [as of now] the rest will be added once I'm able to get the rest of the correct links.
MUSIC
| property of: die antwoord |
- Figure- Beetlejuice (Dubstep Mix)
- Wolfgang Gartner- Illamerica
- Krewella- Play Hard (Chicago sisters Jahan & Yasmine Yousaf, created the group with Rain Man in 2007 but have recently gained major popularity. It doesn't hurt they have amazing voices and are also hot as anything >.<)
- Yelawolf- Catfish Billy (This guy is inexplicably sexi! Have to bite my lip every time I see his pic. :drool:)
- Die Antwoord- I Fink You Freaky: This duo is a newish fave. They are from South Africa! MC Ninja (Jones) & Yo-Landi Vi$$er from time to time, team up with [mute] DJ Hi-Tek to create their intensely insane beats and interestingly colorful lyrics. I fell in love the 1st time I hear them and now have the biggest crush on Yo-Landi :p She's such a cutie how could anyone not!) Their other tracks are just as rappy/hip-hoppy & dancey as this and some are even dirtier and I can't wait to get their newest ones!! Sadly their other moajor collaborator, Leon Botha (http://pitchfork.com/news/42753-rip-die-antwoord-collaborator-leon-botha/) died in 2011.
- JUSTICE- New Lands (A-Trak Remix)
- Iconapop- I Love It: Swedish DJ & singers Caroline Hjelt and Aino Jawo. I heard this song on Girls [my FAVE show- it's my new S&TC, just not as nice clothes all the time) instantly added it to the must have list! Must hear more!!
- Kerli- Zero Gravity: I've been following Kerli's career from her start in Estonian 5 yrs ago. Loved her 1st singles "Love Is Dead" and "Walking On Air" and though her style has progressed from dark punkish/emo-pop to a more dancey/D&B/"rave" mix, I still adore and love her style and admire her hard work and passion! She came from a little village, worked hard to create her name and is now in LA working on her newest album! Another person that proves; hard work, perseverance and patience can help make your dreams come true! Nothing but love!)
- Kelly Clarkson- Catch My Breath: Heard it the other day on the radio and it was instantly stuck in my head! I didn't even who was singing the song till after I got home and googled it! (I only heard part of me so shuuuut it. Once I heard the whole song I was like "duh" it would be her, sounds like her dur!" >.< I played it for mom and she loved it, we both are finding a deeper appreciation for K.C.! Keep rockin' girl! [oh and she's getting married did you know!! AAAH! Finally, though I wish she was bi like people (rudely) speculated-- she's pretty cute. Way to prove the jerks their jerky-ness....] ;p