I go off on a rant on gross people. I don't get how people can be PROUD of themselves for displaying graphic, embarrassing things of themselves. You like anal, that's GREAT! By ALL means, please enjoy- but do we really need to fking hear/read about it, see it, let alone KNOW about it?! Get a life! Sheesh!
6/4/13
Oh Game of Thrones- how sad you make me. How depressed I am now that 1/2 of the cast is gone! What are we going to do without our strong matriarch example?! sad :( And now there's a whole year to wait to watch, though I now have time to catch up in the books.
One of the reason I'm so against things like pornography/drug use and the like is because it gives people a misconception of how things are supposed to be. Some of the things women do are degrading to women and could put expectations in men's minds. Sure you may like and do some things portrayed [like i said that's life] but does it have to be out for there for EVERYONE to see it? My friend said she and her bf are the same way as I am, and As long as it’s not hurting anybody- but it is hurting MANY people. I did an episode when i first started called “oversexed crazy ppl” and it kind of touched on censoring sexually explicit material. but I’m talking about how today, mostly sex [and other “inappropriate” things] as a whole is more available or a norm and acceptable thing..
It has nothing to do with taking away peoples’ first amendment rights. (http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.html). Has nothing to do with any sex pref. community, and it has nothing to do with being prudes or “religious”, it DOES have to do with respect for people who just don’t want to see it. It’s about stigmas and what is put upon people portrayed, parents, religious people, maybe even the mentally ill and elderly? I know my parents and grandparents are disgusted by a lot of today’s acceptable “media”. Not because they are "old", but maybe because they are used to a more censored/private world. Which would be nice to have! Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have a “safe” but none evasive [as in doesn’t monitor every minute detail just get alerts or whatever against explicitness] How, as HUMANS, can we not feel a sense of oppressed when we are made to think the only way we can be successful is by making disgusting/degrading videos or sell our bodies?
Some people don’t condone this behavior or just don’t want their lives inundated with it. Like those with kids, or religious people (Catholic, Christian, Muslim etc...) who think that stuff is sin? Where are their rights? and the rights of normal people like my friends and I who are just annoyed by the oddity of it all.
WHY are “gross things” about sex tapes, flashing etc, SO acceptable? I understand people like to watch it and do it, but it seems like certain things are exploitation, and it should be criminal to have it so out in the open like things are now.. We wonder why the generations after us are so grown up and “desensitized” and watching/listening/doing things we wouldn't have... the examples being set for them even more blatantly than before. We have TV has shows about sex, music is [HAS been] blatantly about sex,there are LOADS of movies in which the actors are having UNSIMULATED [as in REAL sex] during the taping of the film! Isn't that considered porn or is it only because we don’t see any "x,y,z" that "it's ok"?! and though even in the roaring 20's and other days in the past, there was sexual conetation, it was just that! A hint, a peek. It's like the world went from one extreme of over censoring to a complete lack of! Where's the middle?!
In Europe the government censors what comes out and does not. http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/for-their-eyes-only-inside-the-world-of-the-film-censor-2294349.html
What are diff ways other countries deal with it? Take a look.
http://www.gimonca.com/personal/archive/foreign.html
Citations: